It's Sunday again, although for a change it's not 23:45h while I'm writing my weekly blog post.
I guess I mentioned last week that the lazy days are over and I have to get back into the joyful pace of client work. Last week I started to setup a new client site and the racing game came back to haunt me (and it needs finishing too, if possible before the end of the year).
The sceengrab above is what we got as sitemap for the client website. We spent a few minutes wondering about how to turn that into a website and then settled on the idea that we just use that. To our surprise it pleased the client extraordinarily - which in turn pleased us. It even pleased me, until I started to imagine how to build this and not use an image / image map (which, let's be honest, would be a moment I should quit my job).
It doesn't happen often that I can say "I'm quite pleased with the outcome".
After that I went back to MTR.
I'm still in 3D mode so instead of starting with code I started building the 3rd car.
The 3rd car, at least one more needed.
This one is quite easy, no fancy corners and this is the outcome of about 4 hours work. It's missing some details like the bumpers and lights, but that's for tomorrow morning. I even look forward to UVW map it (well, who wouldn't, as it's essentially a box with wheels).
I think the rendered version looks a bit shit right now.
I'm not quite sure what the 4th car will look like (although I have an idea) and with that I can finish of the dreaded AI. I then have to do a client version of it - which even might become the initial public release (so I have it out of the door for a while). The client version will feature single player mode and six fixed tracks only, maybe a few (very few) car upgrades.
We announce the next important post after the break ... or next week.
If you haven't done so already give Lost Outpost your greenlight love:
Catch you next week,
-- Oliver (nGFX)