Only the 2nd day of trying to update the progress on DN8 iOS and I'm struggling already ( I had fuck all sleep last night and then an early morning, I'm dead on my feet. I always know when I'm working early as everyone I chat to on IM says "Who's that ?" or "Shit the bed ?" or a combination ).
So, basic title screen in place with a play button and rollOver, the majority of the HUD done ( Working scores and everything ) and a player sprite which you can move around and it has the tilt animation in there.
And guess what ? Bullets too.
I don't think I've actually used any of the original code in this yet, which was the plan, but with looking at the baddies I think some copy and pasting is going to happen there as I really can't remember what I did.
Before I go, I got caught out with a couple of Starling things. Adding a blend mode to an image forces a draw call, as does using alpha. I know there's that whole starlingStage.alpha=0.999; work around, but it feels like that will be costly to do it on every child clip, so I've got a few specific container sprites that I add the blend mode to and use that alpha trick, so I've just got to remember not to use alpha in anything outside of those.
That's probably gibberish isn't it, so time to stop.