Screenie post I fear ...
Current Hellstrom built in Chrome with the debug pathfinder being a little show-off.
What's new? Just a lot of code atm. There's a second pathfinder in it now (after I discovered that the one I wrote for flash a good while (ok, years) ago didn't quite work as expected.
I really like the old one as it only needed a boolean map to work, though with the dynamic dungeons in hellstrom that proved to be a bit tricky anyway as I had to render my cell structure used for the maps into the boolean map:
! ! # #
! D >> #
! ! # #
While the cell stores just if there is a wall, say for north, the boolean map needed to have a wall made of "false". (see : here (scroll down a bit) for some more detailed explanation about the structure I use).
Anyway the new pathfinder (codename: Magellan :) ) uses linked nodes instead of a boolean map, this is not only incredibly usefull (as it can adapt any "scale"), it also works in 3d / multiple levels and can use "one way nodes". The code isn't as clean as I wanted it to be, but it's working and abstract enough to be easy to use...
_Magellan = myDungeonCreator.createMagellanMap(_Dungeon, new Magellan(), false, false);
// dungeon, pathfinder ref, use locked doors, move diagonal
it uses 3d Points as internal ref system so to find a path you's simply:
string Result = _Magellan.FindPath(_Dungeon.Rooms[iStart].offset, _Dungeon.Rooms[iEnd].offset);
With Result being some handy string to be parsed, like "noLink", "pathFound". The found path is internally stored as array of index ponters to the nodes, so we need to "parse" it to be used:
PointInt3D path = _Magellan.path3D;
enough code now.
If I feel luck I'm going to post it, though first I need to get alive through the much dreaded holidays (way too much food and family - and way to much drinking in order to forget the two) ...