As you can see, my imagination for snappy post titles has long gone.
Ok, we're two weeks into DN8:Pulse, what's new ?
Well we've got baddies in there now. They follow patterns and detect the player bullets. In terms of the sprites themselves, I use the same code as in DN8 to generate them, creating 30 random ones every level. These are stored in one bitmap and then converted to a texture which we can then use to batch all the baddies.
As you can see we've got paths in there too. These are again batched sprites just plotted on the curve which we use for the baddies movement. You'll notice they're strangely thicker in places, that's because they pulse to the music ( Yeah, the name makes more sense now doesn't it ).
The baddies move and blow up when shot, the explosions are also connected to the music, and the paths are drawn. That's about it really. Last night I reduced the stage size from 854x480 to 700x480. Not for performance reasons, but to make it more portal friendly.
Also a couple of days were spent playing with Air 3.2. It's mentally impressive ( Even more so when I remember back to struggling with the very first beta Air for iPhone ). The paths affect the performance, but when they're not displayed it's a rock solid 35fps, and that's on my Desire S. It's feeling good that this is going to make it to the Android market.
And I think that's about all. Not the same huge steps that happened in week 1, but that's to be expected. It feels like it's going to be really good and that is more than enough to make me happy. If it turns out to be really good, well we'll have to see.